So now that it is officially Winter, well has been for nearly a month, time to work on the Cutlass. I swept snow off the 70 and the rest melted off, warmed up this week. Before more snow could fall, into the garage it goes. I got all the fluids drained from the engine and trans. I am going to pull both. The trans is getting a CK pump, CK's improved GN servo, shift kit and all new seals, including a new 4L60E filter in the deep aluminium pan for the 2004R. The 3rd use of the Edelbrock Performer cam was not the charm, at least one lobe is gone. The 403 has decent compression, 150 to 160 psi. The oil pressure is on the lower side, bearings were so so but the crank looked really good. I will probably go with another 204/214 cam or similarly mild flat tappet with a minimum 112 LSA, new standard rod and main bearings. I flushed the 73 Oldsmobile valve covers until no more blasting grit came out of the baffles. When the 350 comes back from machine shop jail, I want this motor for 88 to 95 Chev/GM 4x4 to run the factory TBI and should run OK on 87 with the lazy sbc timing curve. I would probably like the open loop parameters modified to run better cold. So the Performer intake will stay on this motor, idle to 4500 rpm is the target. I finished paying Cutlassefi for my RPM EFI conversion, injectors and the rest of the parts. He is dropping off the new Sanderson headers to be coated. I am pulling off this current exhaust with half rotten, 15 year old coated Sanderson headers. Since I got the drivers side full length header clearanced, the Stainless headers, cats, pipes and straight through Flowmaster mufflers also Stainless in 2.5" will ho in, no crossover pipe for now. Current has a compact X pipe. The Dynomax Superturbo mufflers are too quiet for my liking, these should be a bit more aggressive. I will start tearing it all out over the next few weeks. Once the motor and trans is done then I will get new bearings from Monzaz and the used 3.08 gears and pricy Yukon posi installed in the Type O rear.