Possible Father and Daughter project, 88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Classic Brougham

82cutty

Dec 13, 2019
central PA
Yes, has a drain plug.
I had the car out today and later noticed Bloody Mary the Transmission is still leaking somewhere. I think it's the kickdown cable seal thought. I've replaced the whole thing once and reseated it twice. It'll pool in the valley between the cable and the filler tube, and drip right by the passenger corner where the flywheel cover mounts. I know I needed the pan gasket. The pullout one was bad and was walking out. This detent thing tomorrow I'm just going to Plan B and RTV it.

Just for laughs, let me know what you intend to torque your pan to.

Olds 307 and 403

Oct 4, 2018
Melville, Saskatchewan
10 foot pounds or 120 inch pounds. Use either The Right Stuff or Permatex Optimum Black on the kick down cable. What did I tell about these old GM transmissions.

Last edited:

82cutty

Dec 13, 2019
central PA
10 foot pounds or 120 inch pounds. Use either The Right Stuff or Permatex Optimum Black on the kick down cable. What did I tell about these old GM transmissions.
LOL. I just came upstairs after cleaning the area good and applying sealant. I was going to use the Risolene clear German stuff I had left over from a Volvo job. Good stuff. But I also had some fresh Permatex High Temp red here. So I used the Permatex. If it fails I'll step up to the Optimum Black. Thanks for the specs !
I'll put that extra 2 f/p on the pan in the AM before I fire it up tomorrow.