Well you got the tools, but what a bummer on the pulley. Money you didn't need to spend. Let me know what Larry says, as I have not ordered my power steering pulley yet. I pick up my stock Mustang 5.0 crank pulley tomorrow.
I posted on ROP. Ken87cutlass has this on his SBO on his 87. He said his is the 6 3/4" pulley, mine already has that as measured by me, 94 factory full size pulley. RA had a smaller measurement. I will take a measurement of the Dorman pulley to double check, easier off the pump. Sweet; one step closer.
Remember before you judge, I am not Donovan! I used robertson recessed head screws where I couldn't reach the back, bolt and nut where I could. Rust converter on the rot and Rust Destroyer primer under the aluminum. I will be scuffing it up and grinding down anywhere the heads are sticking up then filler around the edges. I also cut the old garage door track, it will fit perfect below the driver's door once a spacer is made behind it. I will tie into the frame with carriage bolts.
I am finally making some progress on the body work. I will get pics up once the final sanding is done. I am also need a new compressor. I am heavily leaning towards a 20 gallon Hulk compressor 5.77 cfm at 90 psi tied into my other nearly dead 20 gallon compressor. Supposedly 41 decibels at 3 feet. My current compressor is at least double that.
I am using 8M×1.25 Metric bolts on the diesel water pump. I assume later sbc studs will work. I am swapping the A/C clutch, what a bitch on these R4 compressors. The one tutorial pointed out GM's compressors are a bitch. I need a wide 2 jaw puller to finish the job. Good another $50.
I bought the 7" spread by 5 3/4" reach, still not quite long enough. Since they were the same brand I added the link off the other puller, too long and awkward. So I drilled the middle of those two links, perfect with the extra 1/2 link reach. The bottom ceramic piece also needed pulled off. Even big pry bars didn't pry it like suggested in the video didn't work. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BMAJ6BAgFEAU&usg=AOvVaw3g27MybwJTkOPllJtCrdrH
Got mostly back together. I need new snap ring pliers, the multi head one I have, broke all the straight tips, need one with more umph. Need $40 to buy a pair of Channel Lock snap ring pliers, payments coming out, waiting till Friday.
Got my crank pulley and got the reverse rotation water pump installed. The old pump on the 260 is a nice closed impeller cast iron pump, a good spare.
I got everything on the compressor clutch except the top plate. I am going to try a 3/8" fine thread nut, my puller isn't set up to pull it on, it is not Metric 1.5 thread, the 3/8" seems to fit, to pull the plate to the .030" air gap needed. I am ordering a new reciever/dryer and then just add oil and and charge the A/C once I get the serpentine belt set up on.
Well working on the serpentine belt set up. I have both brackets on and the drivers side alternator and power steering bracket on, still need to attach the lower support. The passenger side will need a lot removed to clear the mechanical fuel pump. More pics tomorrow. And I will need a different top rad hose.