Trans crossmember

Oct 8, 2018
Kokomo Indiana
Anyone in readerland know of a vendor that makes a tubular trans crossmember? I want something that drops straight down, as opposed to sitting inside the frame. With the gear vendor, big exhaust, and driveshaft loop, getting the trans out is a huge pain!!

Btw, 69 Olds Cutlass, th400. Thanks

Oct 4, 2018
Melville, Saskatchewan
I kind of like this idea as well, getting my crossmember out was a PIA even with 2.5" dual exhaust and a TH350. I would want like 4 big grade 8 bolts per side. This might work but the Chevelle is probably too different https://redirect.viglink.com/?forma...w.lemonsheaders.com/products/cvlxl.htm</span> Or if you are good with a welder, there are these style but the frame would need notched to use this style of crossmember. Good luck.

Oct 8, 2018
Kokomo Indiana
Yep, so far the lemons is the only tubular style I have found. I would like to see how they mount on the frame. I suppose i could fab up some kind of mount to allow dropping it straight down, but the idea of cutting up and welding on a brand New crossmember isn’t appealing

Oct 4, 2018
Melville, Saskatchewan
I agree and am surprised there isn't anything but one tubular option. Yeah the pics suck on that website.

Oct 8, 2018
Kokomo Indiana
I emailed them asking for some better pics and details on installation. When I get a reply I’ll let you know what I find out

Dec 19, 2018
Palm Bay, FL
Just like TURNA said, the Iceman crossmember. I have one in both the Cream and Silver car. Email Rick (Iceman) directly at [email protected].
He used to be active on the maliburacing.com forum, but I haven't seen him for quite a while. Hopefully he is still making them.