Sniper efi Quadrajet

Slowpoke

Mar 28, 2021
I appreciate your response. The radiator is a stock 3 core. I've only ran coolant in it and it ran perfect before this. I have a hard time believing I've drove miles and miles in this car with the stock ccc system in place with the ac running and it was running 200°+ Temps. The radiator was cleaned about a year ago when I did the water pump and thermostat. I'm going to datalog it tomorrow and see what the timing is doing . I know while cruising it was between
12.8-14.5 afr and aeound 50%ish throttle was around 11.5-12 Afr

Olds 307 and 403

Oct 4, 2018
Melville, Saskatchewan
How does it compare to the CCC? The AFR looks reasonable, timing sounds like the most probable solution to running hot. I would push the timing way up, those motors ran over 60 degrees part throttle when running the CCC.

Slowpoke

Mar 28, 2021
Ok so just a little update all is well with the install. The car likes to run at 203° at max. I did have a run on situation but was fixed with a 1amp 100volt diode installed in the excite wire (brown wire) going to the alternater. Now on to the lockup install and air conditioning. Thanks for the replies it's much appreciated.

Latest posts