LIVE at the 2019 Oldsmobile Club of America Nationals - OFFICIAL THREAD

GP403

Administrator
Oct 3, 2018
Rolla, MO
Hey everyone. This will be the OFFICIAL discussion thread for the 2019 Wichita OCA Nationals on the site. Nothing stopping you from starting your own thread, but this is where I'll be posting coverage, live updates, videos, etc. throughout the event. You can always refer back to this/the top post in the thread for the official live stream. It won't be "on" all the time, but I'll try to be on enough to get a few 5-15 minute pieces here and there, at least a couple an hour. Then I'll edit and post them as separate videos in further posts.

I'd appreciate it if you'd subscribe to the GBodyNation.com YouTube channel, that's where I'm doing this from since I plan to use that channel significantly in the future and figured what better way to kick it off...
Here's the OFFICIAL live stream. You probably won't see anything until later Thursday afternoon (when I arrive), unless I run a couple of really short tests, which is probable.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/live_stream?channel=UC1naC2Fxc4_zKso__dNgoiA

(I'm trying to let the board software post this correctly so the video window appears as it should. If it doesn't, you can always go here: and watch from there)

Should there be technical problems (crap bandwidth, etc.) I'll let you know here and what the plan is to work around it.

If you have suggestions as to what you'd like to see, please chime in here, PM me, whatever. Also, PLEASE PLEASE Let me know if things aren't working, you can't hear anything, the video is awful due to bandwidth, etc. I'm going in somewhat blind so I don't really know what to expect from the facility, the event, or anything.

This thread will be HEAVILY moderated, as its mainly for archiving the videos and discussion about them and the event in general. Like I said, feel free to start your own thread** and go nuts, no problem. Just want to keep things nice and neat.

** Especially if its going to be pic heavy, I'd suggest that as your first option!

Thanks and hope to see you there or in the comments/chat!

-Chris aka GP403

GP403

Administrator
Oct 3, 2018
Rolla, MO
Woot I’m here. Waiting for a room to unpack my s&@t so I’ll go get a lay if the land. My ad made it in the program. Top of the page over Year One lol.

If you see a guy wandering around in a gray gbodyforum shirt with Betty rumble on it. That’s me today until I get changed. Then I’ll be in oldspower.com uniform.

Attachments

• 51CA3E12-6F7E-427F-A44A-89E2C55DD512.jpeg
    51CA3E12-6F7E-427F-A44A-89E2C55DD512.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 577

GP403

Administrator
Oct 3, 2018
Rolla, MO
Ran a bandwith test and it was so-so successful. Kind of glitchy so I may have to turn down some settings. Hard to tell what its doing while you're actually streaming unfortunately.

Here's a couple pics, too.

View attachment IMG_0323.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG
IMG_0325.JPG
IMG_0326.JPG
IMG_0327.JPG
IMG_0328.JPG

Reactions: TURNA and Dr78442

GP403

Administrator
Oct 3, 2018
Rolla, MO
Unfortunately the scuttle I’m hearing is that people will start bugging out in the morning if they can. I guess I understand but it’s that attitude that’s shutting down these multi-day events. What’s the point of having them if everyone including the vendors and swap meet folks all leave early? The awards dinner is tomorrow nite and since I paid for it I’m going, but it’s too bad people can’t just enjoy the whole event instead of “we’ll i didn’t win a prize so f u.” Yes there are valid reasons for doing it, but generally speaking I think it sucks.

GP403

Administrator
Oct 3, 2018
Rolla, MO
Here's the 73-77 A cars. I will try and run thru the 64-72 A cars in the morning, whoever is left anyway. There are just so bloody many of them that there's no way to really pay close attention to any of them. Maybe I do the '68-69 H/O's or something separately. Let me know if there's anything else I should focus on tomorrow. I am done for today. It's pretty hot down there in the arenas despite being indoors, and I'm wiped out. Plus all my gear needed a good long recharge. Maybe a longer look in the "old" room.

Doh, helps if I actually put the video link in:

Reactions: TURNA

GP403

Administrator
Oct 3, 2018
Rolla, MO
Came down this morning and checked out the 64-72 A-body cars that are still here. Turned out over 45m long. That's the distribution of cars that are here. It makes sense and all, given the general popularity and MUSCLECAR thing. But, here you go.

I don't know if I'll be doing any more or not. Hard to say.

Next year is the OCA's 50th Anniversary, and they're planning a huge event in Murfeesboro TN, basically Nashville. At least that's what I was told, that its going to be big. Given the closer proximity to the east coast and the south east it probably will be.

Reactions: TURNA

GP403

Administrator
Oct 3, 2018
Rolla, MO
So that was the last vid. After lunch I started feeling like crap and basically don't plan on leaving the room again until morning. F*cking wicked acid reflux/heartburn crap that well, is painful and makes you feel like crap. Should have been at the awards dinner but even being around food is not in my immediate future.

This was fun though overall. Got a much better idea of what to expect next year if I go.

One thing (well out of a few) that wasn't too cool was the way they scheduled the public viewing stuff. Odd hours, like late yesterday and just a few hours today. wtf, are we showing off cars or not? public advertising was apparently nil also. So it made it a pretty much insiders deal. Saw a few posts that weren't too happy they didn't learn about it until the last minute, and then when they did everyone was hot to get their cars out of the building so it was basically over before it started.

But yeah. See everyone in Cleveland in a month. Still debating on the El Camino / NECOA meet in Dallas in October.

Latest posts