Body saw.

Matt69olds

Oct 8, 2018
Kokomo Indiana
Can anyone in teaderland recommend a body saw that works, and doesn’t cost the equivalent of a months worth of groceries? I bought a cheap one from harbor freight, it won’t cut plastic without the blade stopping. I see the guys on the car and truck shows go thru sheet metal like a hot knife they soft butter. I don’t mind dpending money on quality tools, and the cheap one suggests it could be a useful addition to my tool inventory. Thanks

TURNA

Oct 5, 2018
NY
I have the Harbor Freight one as well.

Keep it clean and lubed and go slow.

what do you want for 15 buxx!!!!!! :D

Matt69olds

Oct 8, 2018
Kokomo Indiana
I would like for it to do what it’s intended and designed to do. It won’t cut metal, as I mentioned it bogged down cutting plastic. Unless it’s free, if it won’t do what it’s intended to do, then the tool is overpriced.

Matt69olds

Oct 8, 2018
Kokomo Indiana
You have the same tool? And yours works fine? Mine has been like this since day one, I figured once it had some use it might loosen up and work better. Nope, every time I try to use it I wonder why I bother keeping it. Maybe I’ll try another

TURNA

Oct 5, 2018
NY
I have had my HF saw for about 17 years it acts up once in a blue moon.

When it does I clean and lube it.

For what I paid for it and where it came from I can't complain.

I knew I was buying a cheap tool

Matt69olds

Oct 8, 2018
Kokomo Indiana
I understand harbor freight tools is the best place to get tools that you use once in a while, but this one didn’t work right when I took it out of the box. Hmm, maybe I’ll get another and try it. Maybe a bad tool slipped thru harbor freights rigorously strict quality control process?

TURNA

Oct 5, 2018
NY
Do you have a store near you just buy a new one then return the old one.

I will be honest I love HF especially now that there are stores everywhere.

An actual TOOL STORE!!!!

I have only had 2 or 3 thing ever break from HF one was an impact socket that I had a 2 foot breaker bar on.

I called them up and they sent me a completely new set. (before the stores)

A reciprocating saw that broke in half as I was using it for the first time. It was like 17 buxx I laughed and tossed it.

And I am sure a tool or 2 more. and everything (but the saw) was replaced with no questions asked.

Over the years I had many more than that USA craftsman sockets/ratchets/wrenches break

I have there tool cabinet for years now and love it. Nice deep sturdy drawers

Do they have there crap.....absolutely.

But when a tool cost me 15 buxx and last years compared to the TOOL TRUCKS that would have cost me 217 buxx or more

Then when it broke all I get is a bitch face and attitude.......I would rather take the drive to HF with my 20% off and free gift coupons!!!

Latest posts