Body saw.

Oct 8, 2018
Kokomo Indiana
Can anyone in teaderland recommend a body saw that works, and doesn’t cost the equivalent of a months worth of groceries? I bought a cheap one from harbor freight, it won’t cut plastic without the blade stopping. I see the guys on the car and truck shows go thru sheet metal like a hot knife they soft butter. I don’t mind dpending money on quality tools, and the cheap one suggests it could be a useful addition to my tool inventory. Thanks

Oct 5, 2018
NY
I have the Harbor Freight one as well.

Keep it clean and lubed and go slow.

what do you want for 15 buxx!!!!!! :D

Oct 8, 2018
Kokomo Indiana
I would like for it to do what it’s intended and designed to do. It won’t cut metal, as I mentioned it bogged down cutting plastic. Unless it’s free, if it won’t do what it’s intended to do, then the tool is overpriced.

Oct 5, 2018
NY
return it for a replacement

Oct 8, 2018
Kokomo Indiana
You have the same tool? And yours works fine? Mine has been like this since day one, I figured once it had some use it might loosen up and work better. Nope, every time I try to use it I wonder why I bother keeping it. Maybe I’ll try another

Oct 5, 2018
NY
I have had my HF saw for about 17 years it acts up once in a blue moon.

When it does I clean and lube it.

For what I paid for it and where it came from I can't complain.

I knew I was buying a cheap tool

Oct 8, 2018
Kokomo Indiana
I understand harbor freight tools is the best place to get tools that you use once in a while, but this one didn’t work right when I took it out of the box. Hmm, maybe I’ll get another and try it. Maybe a bad tool slipped thru harbor freights rigorously strict quality control process?

Oct 5, 2018
NY
Do you have a store near you just buy a new one then return the old one.

I will be honest I love HF especially now that there are stores everywhere.

An actual TOOL STORE!!!!

I have only had 2 or 3 thing ever break from HF one was an impact socket that I had a 2 foot breaker bar on.

I called them up and they sent me a completely new set. (before the stores)

A reciprocating saw that broke in half as I was using it for the first time. It was like 17 buxx I laughed and tossed it.

And I am sure a tool or 2 more. and everything (but the saw) was replaced with no questions asked.

Over the years I had many more than that USA craftsman sockets/ratchets/wrenches break

I have there tool cabinet for years now and love it. Nice deep sturdy drawers

Do they have there crap.....absolutely.

But when a tool cost me 15 buxx and last years compared to the TOOL TRUCKS that would have cost me 217 buxx or more

Then when it broke all I get is a bitch face and attitude.......I would rather take the drive to HF with my 20% off and free gift coupons!!!