Goes out during acceleration after warming up

Olds 307 and 403

Oct 4, 2018
Melville, Saskatchewan
That may be in the steering column. I still say a dying TPS will give those symptoms. I saw it on my Mom's 89 Taurus. It took forever to pull a code. These older cars don't easily set codes.

Olds 307 and 403

Oct 4, 2018
Melville, Saskatchewan
What brand? Make sure the TOS is properly adjusted. You could try a new wire from the 12 volt key on terminal in the fuse box, directly to the distributor. That is how I am powering the HEI in my 70S.

Daniel Szymonik

Oct 4, 2021
Hi, I think that I found the cause of the uneven operation and engine stalling. I looks like it's the fault of the ECM. I have 7 pin Ignition Control Module and pin B should receive +5V form ECM. But it doesn't, the voltage on pin B is undulating. when I disconnect the ECM from the ICM, the engine works (sometimes unevenly at idle) but the car does not go out and acceleration is smoother. Of course ,,CHECK ENGINE" liht comes on. I will try to remove the ECM and check all the pins. If I buy a new ECM on ROCKAUTO.com, is it enough to mount it? Or I will need any additional programmer? Thanks for your help :)

Olds 307 and 403

Oct 4, 2018
Melville, Saskatchewan
If it is for your correct model year and engine, it should plug in and work. It is worth a try.