Climbing aboard!

Rktpwrd

Oct 4, 2018
Calgary Alberta Canada
Good day Gents!

Thought I’d get in on the ground floor in this iteration as I missed out on the old version. Like many of you, I’m here from (and still on) G body forum.

For those of you that don’t know, I’ve bled Oldsmobile rocket gold for well over 20 years now. Have 2 1980 Cutlasses, one powered by a 462 BBO and a T56 six speed, and the other with a Ch*vy 350 and 2004R.
I can hold my own with fabrication too.

Like Mike said in his thread, I’m looking forward to expanding my Olds knowledge and getting more up to date with the products that have come available for Olds’s since I built mine. Hope I can help out a few others along the way too.

Thanks for having me.

Donovan

682D590E-CEFF-46C3-964E-9B9DC9A38A32.jpeg

A3F68743-A8B0-4DAE-8267-8A710B44D0D8.jpeg

1057145A-85B1-4FCC-A7B2-EBF956C63BED.jpeg

B2097EC5-9BBD-49A1-9060-F4502F8AFBD7.jpeg

D7B1F033-610E-4BCD-8E4A-5F7A93358B25.jpeg

Rktpwrd

Oct 4, 2018
Calgary Alberta Canada
I guess I'm all in too.
View attachment 12 View attachment 13
View attachment 14
View attachment 15

What I hope it looks like when I'm done.
View attachment 16

Hutch

Hey Hutch, glad to see you joined here too. Always nice to hear from you, but I’m thinking you’ll probably want to start your own introduction thread rather than lumping yours in with mine and my junk...

.... which is what I’m sure you meant to do anyways! That way you’ll have your own thread to accommodate all the comments and questions you’ll undoubtedly get on that beautiful ‘87 442.
The layout here is a bit different than GBF, I’m still trying to figure it all out myself.

Looking forward to interacting with you more again, just here on a different forum.

D.

Reactions: Dr78442

Rktpwrd

Oct 4, 2018
Calgary Alberta Canada
That 462 is beautiful!

Thanks man!

It’s (obviously) a 30 over 455, last year for the big block as it originally came out of my first car, a ‘76 Cutlass Salon.
It’s been thoroughly worked over, big grumpy Engle cam, Speed Pro pistons, heat riser ports blocked off, ported intake and heads with W30 valves, and topped off with a Wilson Manifolds 1” spacer and Holley 750 DP with Hooker 1 7/8 headers handling exhaust duties.

A lot of time was spent trying to make it look as pretty as it scoots, the block and heads were smoothed and painted PPG Viper blue pearl, headers and intake ceramic coated high lustre silver, and all the accessory brackets polished to match the Meziere electric water pump. All the stainless steel lines were hand bent and flared by me, and polished up as well.

Future plans call for a good set of aluminum cylinder heads at some point with a set of Harland Sharp full roller rockers to replace the Comp Cams roller tipped ones I have currently. That should really help it breathe.

Thanks for the compliment!

Rktpwrd

Oct 4, 2018
Calgary Alberta Canada
Glad you made it!

Thank you, it’s nice to be here!
I’ve seen your posts over on GBF as well, but we’ve yet to have any interaction. It’s nice to meet and talk with you, your knowledge of GM part numbers is simply staggering.
I know exactly who I’m gonna contact if I ever need a GM part number!

Donovan

Rktpwrd

Oct 4, 2018
Calgary Alberta Canada
Your too humble! You could teach us all a lesson in fabrication.

Thank you for the kudos sir, I genuinely appreciate it. I much prefer to be humble and let the work speak for itself than to go around boasting.
Nobody likes a braggart.
That being said, I’m always happy to help out with tips or advice if it’s ever needed. All anyone has to do is ask.

Nice to see you here and talk with you again in addition to the G body forum!

D.

Latest posts