403 SMW the unicorn has been found

Trader history (0)

Apr 27, 2019
AR
I have a 403 SMW code is 554990 4A complete im haven hard time finding info on it because u got people saying its fake its real or whatever but im deff thinking about salen it Id like to know more about it before I feel comfy of letting it go and the price has to be right I know how rare it is people that's been looking for 30 + years and never seen one and only 2500 of them made and what not but feel free to email me at [email protected] I can get more pics of it and im about to take oil pan off and take a look at this unicorn that people say don't exist well thank yall for your time and plz email me asap if u know more about this block

Attachments

• 403 SMW block code.jpg
    403 SMW block code.jpg
    821.1 KB · Views: 507

JAMCAR223

Apr 20, 2019
HOUSTON, TX
There's nothing more to know... take the pan off, and you will know also. Can't wait to see if you have to change your screen name to " I thought I found a 403 SMW unicorn" . I'm waiting...

Kennybill

Oct 3, 2018
Braceville Ohio
The Unicorns were out playing. They didn't get on Noahs Arc. They haven't been seen since. This topic has been kicked around since Joe Mondello mentioned them in his book.

JAMCAR223

Apr 20, 2019
HOUSTON, TX
^^^
" I can get more pics of it and im about to take oil pan off and take a look at this unicorn that people say don't exist well thank yall for your time and plz email me asap if u know more about this block "

So where's the pics? It only takes 10 minutes to remove the oil pan...

Kennybill

Oct 3, 2018
Braceville Ohio
I've gone to the Miller Oldsmobile meet for over 25 years, it was the Mondello meet till Dick took over in about 1998. I've never meet anyone (except Joe) that's ever said they saw one. I'm not sure if Joe Mondello ever said he actually saw one. Paul Mayo (factory "sponsored" Olds racer that ran the 403s complained about dealing with the "windowed" mains. The factory Oldsmobile guy "Dave Smith" (not the Oldsmobile racer Dave Smith) fed Paul 403 short blocks. Paul died cutting down a tree, wife sold his cars shortly after.

rfpowerdude

Dec 19, 2018
Palm Bay, FL
This one has already been debunked on the ClassicOlds board. He (original poster) finally took decent pics and whattaya know, windowed mains.
Their existence is BS.

Reactions: Olds 307 and 403

Matt69olds

Oct 8, 2018
Kokomo Indiana
I think if a solid main 403 was ever cast, it would have showed up by now. How long ago was the book published? I also seriously doubt with GM bean counters and penny pinching business methods back then I bet they would have never spent the money for molds,casting, or machining such a low volume part for production use. Maybe for the aftermarket (think Chevy Bow Tie blocks) but it would also have the limited production, performance aftermarket price. I really don’t think the ever existed.

Latest posts