RESOURCE Oldsmobile Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

GP403

Administrator
Oct 3, 2018
Rolla, MO
GP403 submitted a new resource:

Oldsmobile Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - I hope you find this FAQ useful. It is an accumulation of knowledge shared on the Olds Mail List

The "old" Oldsmobile FAQ, circa 2000. I make no claims re: accuracy of the info inside, I just reproduced it in its entirety. If you find sections missing please comment.

Click the green "Download" button above, or just follow this link:

https://oldspower.com/oldsfaq/

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Reactions: Rktpwrd

oldsofb

Oct 4, 2018
Maryland
Use that a TON! Great info there.

Hutch

GP403

Administrator
Oct 3, 2018
Rolla, MO
Did you remove SOME of the errors at least? LOL

No. Like I said, I just duplicated it. If its full of errors, we should correct them. Post corrections in this thread and I'll update it as needed. This was about the only complete copy of it I could find out there. *shrug* I will freely admit that I am no Olds expert and have no idea what errors there are.

69hurstolds

Oct 11, 2018
South Carolina
There's several errors. The FAQ was built off several EMAIL newsgroups and other places on the web many moons ago. There was a lot of "copy and paste" with some things taken out of context and applied to other years of the same model, etc., when in fact some details had changed. But there was no regard to independently vetting the information. It was a noble attempt to assemble various Olds knowledge, however flawed it may have turned out.

69hurstolds

Oct 11, 2018
South Carolina
I submitted several corrections but there wasn't much of an appetite to change it. A few changes were done, some change requests simply vanished to wherever that one sock in every laundry load ends up....