Olds 350Diesel build

sam

Sep 3, 2023
Hello guys new here but been watching for years when i need advice on olds builds ok old topic olds 350 diesel build i don't have the DX block only could find a D block is it just as good for a high performance build as the DX only difference i always hear is the .921 lifters looking for around 1500hp give or take 100 billet 425 crank and internals want to get as many cubes out of it as possible without it becoming weak going efi big and ugly hat studs cylinders and crank with gridle want it to run on methonal roots blown maybe 8-71 street/strip leaning more to strip money isn't a problem don't believe in going cheap on a build wanna do it right the first time so will the 350D block work or should i try to find a DX block i want you guys to tell me what to do hell we can help build it together i listen

Olds 307 and 403

Oct 4, 2018
Melville, Saskatchewan
Yes, the D block is just as good. The only issue is to make sure the main bolts are tapped deep enough. Contact Mark Remmel at New Olds Performance at [email protected]. He even did a run of Billet 4340 stroker cranks, much stronger and lighter than the 425 crank, good luck.

sam

Sep 3, 2023
Yes, the D block is just as good. The only issue is to make sure the main bolts are tapped deep enough. Contact Mark Remmel at New Olds Performance at [email protected]. He even did a run of Billet 4340 stroker cranks, much stronger and lighter than the 425 crank, good luck.
Thanks that all i needed to hear because i couldn't find nobody speaking of the D block in a high performance build and will do

Latest posts