New John Luc Picard series and Star Trek direction in general

Olds 307 and 403

Oct 4, 2018
Melville, Saskatchewan
Seeing the Picard meme made me think of the new up coming series. I think this series came about because of The Orville, started off a bit goofy but really out shined Discovery, being more Trek than the new Star Trek series. Many hate the new Discovery series, I like some things about it, I hate any series that adds dimmed lighting to make it more serious. They worked into the plot but still urkes me. I want my future well lit, already live in a dark dugeon, the future should be better in simple ways like that. The First reboot movie was good, the second not so good, especially the head squishing part and the 3rd was Ok. There is the stupid separation of CBS and Paramount made the two Trek universes and there is talk that they are trying to change the Next Gen, Deep Space 9, Voyager and Original series into the new modified time line.

GP403

Administrator
Oct 3, 2018
Rolla, MO
I am a huge Trek fan. Actually like Discovery. It's a new direction, along with the reboot movies that had to happen. I think digging up Picard's bones is a terrible idea and will ultimately prove a failure. I'd almost rather see a complete TNG-era reboot than this.

The Orville is also brilliant, but probably 20 years too late to be the ST:TNG parody that it is. There's a lot there that you have to know TNG to "get."

But then I liked Enterprise and was sad to see it go. (watch for the Seth MacFarlane cameos in it)... Glad its still the only canon relevant to both the new and "prime" universes.

Matt69olds

Oct 8, 2018
Kokomo Indiana
Get a life!!!

Long time Star Trek fan. Been to many conventions, got lots of autographs, lots of books, hung out with a few of the actors (unfortunately, not Jeri Ryan). One of the things my wife and I enjoy is to pick a road, start driving, not sure where we are going until we get there. One of those trips we found ourselves in Kentucky, a city where William Shatner has a horse ranch. We drove around for a couple hours, asking around hoping someone could point us in the right direction. And yes, I’m still married to her. 😎
9630513F-9DC1-4753-B385-862803330CEC.jpeg

Reactions: GP403

Olds 307 and 403

Oct 4, 2018
Melville, Saskatchewan
I too liked Enterprise, much better than I remembered it when it first came out, I actually thought Scott Bakula was brilliant as captain and had a good cast over all. I agree their should be a whole reboot 20 years after Nemisis.

Olds 307 and 403

Oct 4, 2018
Melville, Saskatchewan
Well, I really liked the first episode of Picard and most critics did as well. Same Picard in a very different future, not a bad premise.

GP403

Administrator
Oct 3, 2018
Rolla, MO
I am a huge Trek fan. Actually like Discovery. It's a new direction, along with the reboot movies that had to happen. I think digging up Picard's bones is a terrible idea and will ultimately prove a failure. I'd almost rather see a complete TNG-era reboot than this.

The Orville is also brilliant, but probably 20 years too late to be the ST:TNG parody that it is. There's a lot there that you have to know TNG to "get."

But then I liked Enterprise and was sad to see it go. (watch for the Seth MacFarlane cameos in it)... Glad its still the only canon relevant to both the new and "prime" universes.

After watching the premiere I have to retract this statement. It was smartly written, and Stewart proves himself to be the actor we all know he is. I'm still skeptical its not just going to be an old time revival show, (in this episode we dig up Mot the barber) but at the same time I'm on board. Is it Thursday yet?

Reactions: Olds 307 and 403

Olds 307 and 403

Oct 4, 2018
Melville, Saskatchewan
Sorry, my tablet was on the fritz. I liked the second episode, critics have called it CSI: Picard. He has to figure out the mystery, so yeah he had to do some investigating, duh. No cameos either. I say this show has a great blend of old and new, liking it as well. What are your thoughts on the Orville? I think it is a very good show, blend of humour and serious story lines.

Last edited:

Latest posts