HELP My Next Olds purchase!

strykerld

May 14, 2019
Lakeland Florida
I am going this evening to look at what appears to be a REALLY NICE 84 Toronado. Guy says near mint with COLD ac and only 127000 miles for CHEAP. Now for the problem. He says it has a NON diesel 350 v8. All the info I can find says these cars did NOT come that way. All lists show a Buick v6, a 307 Olds v8 or Olds 350 Diesel v8 but NO gas 350 v8. Can it be real or am I missing something? Car looks (in pics) to be very nice but if it is a swap then things like the mileage mean nothing? Thanks in advance for ANY help or advice!!!!!!!

smooth_358

Oct 9, 2018
MN
an olds 350 bolts directly in place of a 307 with most of the same brackets/accessories. so it could be swapped? get the block number by the oil fill and head casting number by the #1 cylinder

Intragration

Apr 2, 2019
Chicago
My first Oldsmobile was a mid-80s Toronado, I agree, it was a great car. Turna, why specifically the OD? Just for the obvious reasons, or was there some problem with the TH325?

strykerld

May 14, 2019
Lakeland Florida
I looked at the car today and it is NICE!! Rad. support tag says 5.0 liter. I could not see the block number. Head number was a littler dirty so harder to read. It was either 5A or 6A. Partial sticker on the drivers side valve cover read 50 Goodwrench reman. Started right up and it was cold. Choke worked perfect plus it had a NEW Q jet. Also new plugs,battery, master cylinder and booster. NO RUST nice tires and ALL the bumper fillers are PERFECT. The only thing I say that I did NOT like was that someone changed out the front seat with tan leather power buckets. They work fine but do NOT match the rest of the interior. I could not drive it today. I have to go back tomorrow. Owner had to go into work early. Dash reads 27xxx miles so I figure 127000. I can get it for $1800 I want to get it but i'm may have to use it as my daily driver and I'm NOT sure about that. Thanks guys!!

TURNA

Oct 5, 2018
NY
Better buy it or i will find it when i go to FL in 2 weeks and snatch it!!

PICS????

strykerld

May 14, 2019
Lakeland Florida
I am supposed to meet up with them today. I think I can make a better deal. They just reduced the price in there ad! if I get it will post pics!! It may just be a purchase to flip!!

Latest posts