E V electric oldsmobile !

Roy Ale

Oct 20, 2020
Victoria BC
Has anyone converted to full electric ? or are thinking about it ? in some areas and cities there is talk about not renewing plates for old gasoline cars .

Olds 307 and 403

Oct 4, 2018
Melville, Saskatchewan
That doesn't surprise me in BC, talk of no new gas vehicles sold in Canada by 2035. I will be buying my 2034 Dodge Challenger😁. Very few have converted old cars to electric. The big issue on the Prairies is distance. Until batteries prove their cold performance, -40 exposure for days on end and can go 500 km minimum, I don't see them being a great alternative here.

Roy Ale

Oct 20, 2020
Victoria BC
If a person was able to pick any Oldsmobile to covert to full electric , which car would it be ? maybe something big with lots of room for batteries ! might be my car ! full Electric would work for me as i do not drive far and the car sits most of the time .

Olds 307 and 403

Oct 4, 2018
Melville, Saskatchewan
Yeah, a mid 70's Delta 88 or 98 comes to mind, plenty of battery space. It would be super fast with the right electric motor. I would just miss the Olds V8 sound. Now maybe a recording matching throttle input needs to be developed for electric cars😉.

Roy Ale

Oct 20, 2020
Victoria BC
Jeff would you be able to post a link on this thread for the company you mentioned .
In Victoria people come on to your property and put notices on cars that look like they use a lot of fuel .The notices say you are killing the planet and you do not care about your kids to have a car like that . This city the cabs are full electric , city took away street parking for bike lanes and a lot of little E Vs that would fit into the trunk of my car , so my big car really stands out. I take EV cabs to go down town , the ride in a Tesla feels like a kids go cart !

Olds 307 and 403

Oct 4, 2018
Melville, Saskatchewan
Jeff would you be able to post a link on this thread for the company you mentioned .
In Victoria people come on to your property and put notices on cars that look like they use a lot of fuel .The notices say you are killing the planet and you do not care about your kids to have a car like that . This city the cabs are full electric , city took away street parking for bike lanes and a lot of little E Vs that would fit into the trunk of my car , so my big car really stands out. I take EV cabs to go down town , the ride in a Tesla feels like a kids go cart !
Ah Hippy Dippy BC, they should keep their opinions to themselves. Remind me to never move out there.

Jeff Blagden

Oct 11, 2018
winnipeg manitoba
the article was for E V west that is company in the states sorry I am not a great computer guy but goggle it the article comes up there is also Webb motorworks and that is in BC they make their electric engines look like a gas V 8 style

Latest posts