Cars you've sold

Kennybill

Oct 3, 2018
Braceville Ohio
It's been a little sloooow on this forum so maybe this thread will liven it up.
Over the years, my car hobby got carried away a bit. I had always planned on selling/downsizing after I retired. Well, I've been retired over 6 years. I've done a little downsizing but not much. The demand for Olds cars/parts has decreased and cash money is scares at least in N.E.Ohio. My Daughter "the Attorney" suggests I should get rid of some of my "stuff" jokingly but ????
Unfortunately I've lost a lot of my pictures of my cars. One car sold was a 1974 Monte Carlo (I had bought one new) 406 four bolt mains, aftermarket iron heads, Rossler transmission, 3:42 posi. It was plumbed for NOS, used once, broke the transmission. Then Carl Rossler built a 350 Turbo for it. Never tried it again. 40K miles body, broke even on the money, labor free.
Next car was a winter ride to the steel mill I worked at. 1975 Jeep Wagoner, rebuilt 360, ran good, a real tank, the weather never stopped it. I made a couple of bucks on it.
Next car (1971 Delta Royale convertible) was sitting outside for some years with dogs living underneath on it. Thankfully it was on concrete. I cleaned dog hair for the undercarriage for years. I re-did the engine, body, top &interior, pretty much the usual money pit. I drove this car the most since back in the days they were every day drivers. I've always liked convertibles and I only sold this car about 15 months ago to motivate me to getting a project 1967 442 convertible done, maybe I'll get it ready for spring, I hope.
Next car I sold this spring was a 1972 Supreme. I wrote the story in another thread about this 18 years project.
I never "lost" actual money but I did lose value on my labor. Because of my car hauler and flashing cash I've bought my cars very reasonable. I always jokingly say, "you make the money when you buy the car."
jeep029.jpg
71Delta0101.jpg
GreenMachine.jpg
20171010_154028.jpg
3-14-2007-29.jpg
20171004_170729.jpg

Intragration

Apr 2, 2019
Chicago
Don't know if this post almost five months later constitutes "livening it up" here, but here it is anyway. I bought my first Oldsmobile in 1995, it was a ten year old Toronado. It was a great car, and I have a lot of fond memories of it, but I didn't keep it for very long. I think it needed axles or something. Ended up doubling my money on it anyway. Don't have any pictures of that one.

In 1996 I bought a brand new F-body, but that was too nice to drive, so I also bought a used F-body that was a couple years old, so I could drive one. It was ALSO too nice to drive though ha ha, so I stored both of them and bought an '84 Delta 88 sedan. Strangely, that was such a nice, comfortable, reliable car, that the Olds bug stuck. I only kept the Delta 88 for a few years, but it will go down as one of my more memorable cars, 307, 4-doors and all.

And since this is a conversation starter of a thread, I might as well post a couple pictures of my most recent sale. 1974 'Cuda. I bought this car in 1988, and moved it from storage spot to storage spot, until I could afford to get the body and engine work done. I did throw a 440 in it in the early '90s, more to store the engine, but it physically fit, so I decided to hook it up. Ended up building it as a '74 440 Six BBL "what if?" car. Did everything but the body and paint, engine, and trans myself. When I was done, it was pretty close to perfect, and I just couldn't bring myself to drive it. Because it was a MoPar E-body, I was able to get all of my investment out, except for my labor, as you mentioned.

Olds 307 and 403

Oct 4, 2018
Melville, Saskatchewan
Our 81 Delta 88 4 door was the best car our family owned growing up, only paid $500, the maintenance receipts from new were unreal, very well taken care of. The 75 Cutlass 4 door with an Olds 350 was a close second, it was bagged hard at the end.