455 G head project

kw502bbc

Jan 15, 2020
East Tennessee
Hello everyone. I have a '79 Trans Am that has had the 403 replaced with a '74 455. I am getting a nice set of G heads ready for when I freshen up the motor, replacing the J heads. G heads are from '71, and I am having a difficult time finding correct valves, unless I want to go with Manley Severe Duty at $40 each. My exhaust valves are 1.625, with 45 degree angle, and intakes are 2.075 with 30 degree angle. The only matched sets I have found are from Qualcast, and I know nothing about them. Ferrea makes intakes, but not exhaust. Any ideas? Thanks!

Kennybill

Oct 3, 2018
Braceville Ohio
You can pump a lot of money into rebuilding iron heads. You might want to talk to cutlassefi, Mark or "BERNARD" Mondello about a set of ProComp aluminium heads. Your cost will be similar and you'll save weight. Stay away from the other Mondello's.

kw502bbc

Jan 15, 2020
East Tennessee
You can pump a lot of money into rebuilding iron heads. You might want to talk to cutlassefi, Mark or "BERNARD" Mondello about a set of ProComp aluminium heads. Your cost will be similar and you'll save weight. Stay away from the other Mondello's.

Thanks for the helpful info. I was actually going to take my heads, block, and crank to Mondello's shop in Tennessee. It's only an hour and a half from me, but it has been shut down, and everything sold off. It was open after his passing, but is closed now.:(

Reactions: Olds 307 and 403

Latest posts