307 dip stick tube part #

Roy Ale

Oct 20, 2020
Victoria BC
I need a dip stick tube for a 1982 - 307 engine. I had my car into a shop to have all the frost plugs changed. There is still one frost plug the shop did not do. Its the back one on drivers side . The shop had to take the starter out to get at this frost plug , then wanted to remove the engine oil dip stick tube , the shop was sure the dip stick tube would come apart. So i decided to leave that one frost plug until i come up with a dip stick tube . i looked on line before posting this , looks like there are a lot of choices. But thought i would ask on this forum before ordering a dip stick tube . Do i look for an original or reproduction ? if i look for a used one , what engines share the same dip stick tube ? Just want the best fit , do not care what it looks like .

Roy Ale

Oct 20, 2020
Victoria BC
looking over some info on dip stick tubes , sounds like the best way to get a dip stick tube out is to remove the oil pan and tap the dip stick tube from the bottom .

Olds 307 and 403

Oct 4, 2018
Melville, Saskatchewan
Roy, a screw threaded in with vise grips and tapping up on it, always remove the broken dipstick for me. Without removing the pan and tapping from underneath, they always break trying to remove them. The Spectre 5727 chrome dipstick fits tight, the other ones, not so much. It actually needs a slight filing on the raised portion to go easily into the block.

Latest posts