Opinions?

Matt69olds

Oct 8, 2018
Kokomo Indiana
‘‘Tis the season! How many of you in readerland dread holiday/birthday/whatever for your significant other? I have a “no household item as gifts” policy. I refuse to buy pots/pans, appliances, etc as gifts. To me, gifts are suppose to be personal and thoughtful. I would rather give her something she WANTS, not something we need. Am I wrong for feeling this way? I am also severely “fashion impaired”, not to mention I do not understand clothing sizes. I alway include my daughters or sister-in-law on my shopping trips. Ok, I’m done venting

marcar1993

Oct 3, 2018
CNJ
Same here... I always say, being an adult at the holidays sucks both as the giver and receiver. As an adult you have the money to buy yourself whatever it is that you want, and if its too expensive to buy yourself you wouldn't ever expect someone to gift it to you. Now the same logic applies to giving gifts, anything you would buy for another adult, they could and probably have bought for themselves if they wanted it...

The best gifts to receive these days is clothes! So I don't have to shop for them myself. Shopping for presents for kids is still fun though.

Latest posts