OLDS oil pumps

Kennybill

Oct 3, 2018
Braceville Ohio
Standard pan, standard pump. Toronado pan or aftermarket larger capacity then I'll go hy-vol pump, jmo but then I also like the Toronado oil pan but only with complete Toro system which includes the small windage tray and the front block off timing area plate. The Toro pan has the crank scrapper also. I know BTR says in his book, the Toro pan loses hp. He never said if he used the tray and the timing area block off plate. I wish someone would repop the timing area block off plate and special studs. There's got to be a lot of windage coming from the chain area. The Oldsmobile Engineers were pretty smart. The Toronado not only won but set the record in the Pikes Peak Climb back in 1965, 1966 Toronado first year. No spun bearing. I've always felt that one extra quart means every thing for racing an Olds. Jmo.

Kennybill

Oct 3, 2018
Braceville Ohio
Yes, they are but I thought you were going with the "5 quarts" total pan plus filter = 5.
Toronado, 5 quarts + oil filter=6 qts.
I didn't know Moroso made a 5 qt. pan then add the oil filter for a total of 6 qts. I thought they only made a stock replacement pan plus a 6 qt pan + oil filter for 7 qts total.

TURNA

Oct 5, 2018
NY
Sorry I meant Milodon

According to them their pan is 5 quarts

Kennybill

Oct 3, 2018
Braceville Ohio
If it's a "standard replacement" it'll be technically a 4qt pan with one qt filter. I always call the standard factory Oldsmobile pan a 5 qt and a Toronado pan a 6 qt but actually one needs to subtract the filter to be technically correct. Jmo

Latest posts