Watched the NWA 70th Anniversary Pay per view on the Fite app

Olds 307 and 403

Oct 4, 2018
Melville, Saskatchewan
First off, growing up in South Western Manitoba, we were AWA territory, I remember Rick Martel winning the World Title and the Road Warriors coming in and dominating. Then they disappeared off TV. I also watched Stampede Wrestling but it was also in decline but still had some great talent. I was also a big fan of the NWA, I should have went to the one local show, never asked much as a kid and my parents had some hard financial years. The main event was Sting and Lex Luger vs Ric Flair and Barry Windham and it was just before the Crockett's sold to Ted Turner. Anyways, the NWA floundered for 30 years then came Billy Corgan. He put the title on the talented Nick Aldis and had the main event at All In. Great build up and good matches throughout. But unfortunately the production values lacked, especially audio issues. The Production values have always set the WWF/E apart but I have never been a big fan of the New York Sports Entertainment. The announcement of the Crockett Cup returning, quality matches, NWA legends and Billy Corgan acknowledgement of the issues is a good start. Long live the NWA.

Latest posts